Well, it would make a lot of sense wouldn’t it?
I’m surprised Maxx & co haven’t smelt the CRC and decided to cash in on their existing, but seemingly idle infrastructure.
3 trains a day on Saturday and Sunday
I’d run 3 trains each weekend day up to Helensville, one early in the morning, one arriving in Helensville in time for lunch and another later in the afternoon.
So, who’d catch it?
- Road Cyclists who aren’t yet cycling the full Auckland to Helensville and back. They could ride one way, and train the other.
- Mountain Bikers stopping at the fictitious “Woodhill Train Station” and riding into the forest from there
- Adventure Sports – the guys at Tree Adventures and the 4WD operation could run a small shuttle down to the train station to collect people
- Dog Walkers – wouldn’t that be a hoot – a carriage full of of energetic hounds going out and content, sweaty pooches going back.
- Families – what a great day trip and outing through the country with smaller children – I know mine loved going on their very frequent train rides.
- The Brunch Set – Create a party atmosphere where people can catch the train out to Helensville, have a great lunch or brunch with a few glasses of wine and then cruise back to town afterwards
It’s all down to our attitudes and Maxx to make it happen.